Alexandra Guild House

The Alexandra Guild House was established in 1954 and used as a retirement home for elderly women. In 2007, it merged with Cowper Care and the residents were moved to different premises. Before doing so, the staff left a bunch of documents behind in one of the rooms. The pile of papers consisted of family photographs, letters written or received by the women, birth certificates and diaries belonging to some of the nurses. There was enough documents there for someone to obtain false identities and have access to unsuspecting peoples’ bank accounts.

Read more "Alexandra Guild House"